Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So Day 3 was great. We had a history class in the morning, the teacher was very interesting haha. The language class is still killing me, Im so bad at pronouncing these vietnamese words. The site visit to phu my hung corp. was so cool. They had a huge master plan laid out for us to look at, it was so detailed. I never saw a design like that before but i never expected it to look like that. It will be so interesting to see how  their plans will work out, and see how the city will change in the upcoming years. After the site visit Lauren, Steve, Kelly and I went to look for somewhere to eat. We ended up going to a little street side restaurant called Pinky? possibly. It was about 6 blocks away. I got some dish I couldnt pronounce, which ended up being amazing. It was some kind of meat with carrots and cucumbers which was put on a sandwich. It was like less than 2 bucks, I love the prices here, I don't think I spent more than 20 dollars in the last three days. As we were leaving lauren ordered banana ice cream, and ended up getting a banana split. She let Steve and I try the vanilla, which doesn't taste at all like the vanilla back home. It was out of this world, we had to go back and get some ourself. A full ice cream cone for under a dollar. It was so so good. Last night we went to a hotel top bar called Caravel. It was really expensive so we just left and ended up going to the Rex. Always a good place to go. Well Im still loving the trip so far. Just people watching is amazing. I couldn't tell you how many people sit on little kiddy seat and just drink at a little kiddy table all day. I refer to this as "doin work." Its so funny to watch. Must be the life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment