Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 2

So we started out the day with a Vietnamese business class. I thought the differences between our system and theirs was very interesting. I was amazed when he said people who make over 3 mil dong are taxed more. That number seemed so low to me.
I really enjoyed the trip to Glass Egg. Glass Egg is a company that outsources digital artwork to companies that are creating computer and video games. I never realized the amazing amount of detail that goes into one single car. The CEOs we met, Steve and Phil, were very intelligent guys.  It was very interesting to hear how they started this business from scratch, and basically created a whole new industry. I thought it was amazing that they train their own employees, basically from scratch, right there at their office.
For dinner last night I got a sandwich known as a "Vietnam" from a street vendor. It was amazing! It was ham, cucumbers, mayo, and a spicy sauce all on a sandwich. So good. It was less than one american dollar too, only 15K dong. Amazing.
Later that night we went to a nightclub called Lush, recommended by Steve and Phil from Glass Egg. It was a lot of fun, however drinks were very expensive compared to the Co-op market across the street from our hotel. I think its funny that American music is so popular here. Well I'm about to go eat breakfast. The liver? that they have down there is so good on bread. So far it has been a lot of fun here. The food has been amazing. I'm interested to see what the Vietnamese culture class will be like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment